SODAVI ” Sortir des schémas ? “, Days of exchanges and recommendations for the development of visual arts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Wednesday 29 and Thursday November 2017 at the Villa Arson and MAMAC, Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of Nice
We invite artists, professionals, actors of the visual arts sector, elected officials and cultural technicians, but also the public to participate in these days which will take the form of workshops on issues specific to our territories.
The aim is not to present one’s own experience, biographical background or current or future projects, but to propose concrete recommendations aimed at changing the artistic and cultural policies of our territory.
Wednesday 29 November at the Villa Arson
– 11am: large amphitheatre: introduction to the days by Jean-Pierre Simon, director of the Villa Arson in Nice, Benjamin Laugier, head of the public at the New National Museum of Monaco and Maryline Desbiolles, writer.
– Lunch at 12.30 pm (participation 10 euros)
– 2pm: workshops in the four amphitheatres of the Villa Arson (reception and signage on site)
– 6pm : closing
NB: a meeting of Pop Philosophy is organised the same day from 7pm in the large amphitheatre of the Villa Arson. Plus d’informations en cliquant ici
Thursday 30 November at MAMAC in Nice (large auditorium)
– 2:00 p.m.: Large Auditorium:
Introduction by Mr. Gérard Baudoux, Deputy Mayor of Nice, Delegate for Museums and Modern and Contemporary Art, Development of Cultural Patronage and Funding
Restitution by the qualified personalities of the four workshops.
– 5 pm: closing by Fabienne Grasser-Fulchéri, director of the Espace de l’Art Concret and diffusion of the sound piece Paris-Bordeaux, 1969, by Jean Dupuy, in the presence of the artist.
1. Workshop “What kind of life as an artist? »
- Training of artists from school
- Help and information devices
- Insertion. Diversity of art professions
- Bridges to the Performing Arts
- National and international mobility
Coordinator: Cédric Teisseire, artist, co-founder of La Station and artistic director of 109 in Nice
Qualified personality: Manuel Pomar, artist and director of Lieu-Commun in Toulouse
- Frédéric Alemany, artist, founder of L’Entre-Pont, director of Diva / Le Hublot in Nice
- Tom Giampieri, artist, resident at La Station in Nice
- Jean-Baptiste and Laurence Gurly, co-founders of Supervues at the Hotel Burrhus in Vaison-la-Romaine
- Pierre Jaccaud, co-founder of the Blachère Foundation in Apt
- Grégory Jérôme, Head of Continuing Education, HEAR in Strasbourg
- Hildegarde Laszak, artist and co-responsible for Metaxu in Toulon
- Serge Le Squer, artist, video professor at the Toulon Provence Méditerranée Higher School of Art and Design (ESADTPM) and head of La Compagnie in Marseille
- Marceline Matheron and Guillaume Mansart, co-founders of Documents d’artistes Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur in Marseille
- Alexia Nicolaïdis, in charge of the production of the exhibitions at the Villa Arson in Nice
- Kamila Regent, founder of the artist residency Chambre avec vue in Saignon
- Mathieu Schmitt, artist, exhibition manager in Nice
- Agathe Wiesner, artist, resident at the Station in Nice
2. Workshop “Towards a more dynamic and structured territory? »
- Residence locations and programs
- Identification of places through ethics and reporting to the public
- Artistic production and handicrafts
- Resource Sharing
- Dissemination and mobility of works, collections and exhibitions
Coordinators: Benjamin Laugier, Head of Audience at the New National Museum of Monaco and Eric Mangion, Director of the Villa Arson Art Centre in Nice
Qualified personality: Guy Saez, Director of Research at the CNRS at the UMR PACTE (Public Policies, Political ACtion, TErritoires) at the Institute of Political Studies of Grenoble
- Chloé Angiolini and Elodie Castaldo, co-founders of the collective La Balnéaire, artists, curators and mediators in Marseille.
- Bertrand Baraudou, coordinator of Espace à Vendre in Nice
- Isabelle Bourgeois, elected and former director of the art centre Le Moulin in La Valette-du-Var
- Marianne Buchet, visual arts advisor for the Hautes-Alpes department
- Laurent Charbonnier, director of the art school of Digne-les-Bains
- Anna Daneri, art critic and guest curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Genoa
- Jean-Baptiste Ganne, artist, teacher at the Villa Arson and member of the Station in Nice
- Nadine Gomez, Director of CAIRN (Centre d’Art Informel de Recherche sur la Nature) in Digne-les-Bains
- Magalie Guérin, deputy director of the Villa Noailles in Hyères – Stéphane Guglielmet, artist, gallery owner and animator of the Galerie ambulante in Marseille, throughout the PACA region and the Piedmont region
- Gaïdig Lemarié, in charge of cultural partnerships, audience development and communication strategies at the Direction des musées nationaux du XXe siècle des Alpes-Maritimes (Directorate of National Museums of the 20th Century in the Alpes-Maritimes)
- Damien Malinas, President of the Art School of Avignon and Vice-President Culture and Brands of the University of Avignon – Cultural Forms and Models Laboratory
- Julia Marchand, Deputy Curator at the Vincent van Gogh Arles Foundation and independent curator
- Pascal Neveux, Director of the FRAC Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- Yves Peltier, director of the Madoura workshop in Vallauris
- Isabelle Sordage, artist and founder of the Atelier expérimental de Clans
- Lydie Toran, artist, teacher and researcher at the Avignon Art School
- Frédérique Verlinden, chief curator of the Musée Muséum Départemental des Hautes-Alpes de Gap
3. Workshop “How to better address all audiences?”
- Mediation, its tools and innovative practices
- Regional isolation, in particular that of the Alpine territories
- Valorization of local specificities
- Common and original information and communication strategies
Coordinator: Fabienne Grasser-Fulchéri, Director of the Espace de l’Art Concret in Mouans-Sartoux
Qualified personality: Marion Guilmot, public service, guide-lecturer at the MAC VAL, Museum of Contemporary Art of Val-de-Marne in Vitry-sur-Seine.
- Christelle Alin, head of the public service of the Villa Arson in Nice
- Frédérik Brandi, Director of the Carros International Centre for Contemporary Art
- Pascal Brochiero, director of the Grasse Tourist Office
- Mélanie Fillion-Robin, certified professor of plastic arts at the Saint Hilaire College in Grasse and IAN (academic interlocutor for digital technology), history of the arts and cultural referent.
- Ann Guillaume, artist and 3rd cycle residency at the Villa Arson in Nice
- Bertrand Le Bars, in charge of Visual Arts at the Department of Culture and Heritage of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region
- Isabelle Milliès, adviser for cultural and territorial action at the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Culture
- Giulia Pagnetti, executive assistant at the CAIRN (Centre d’Art Informel de Recherche sur la Nature) of Digne-les-Bains
- France Paringaux, in charge of dissemination projects at the FRAC Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- Mathilde Roman, art critic, treasurer of AICA International, professor at the Bosio Art & Scenography Pavilion, Monaco, Artistic Council for Movimenta, Biennale de l’Image in Nice.
- Josyane Rouch, inspector of the Nice academy – regional pedagogical inspector
- Jean François Trubert, University Professor of Musicology, member of the Transdisciplinary Centre for Epistemology of Literature and Living Arts (CTEL), and Director of the Arts Department at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
4. Workshop “What is the economy of the sector? »
- Contemporary Logics of Entrepreneurship
- New public/private linkages
- What discourse for culture: the war of key figures in the sector’s economy – the invention of alternative values
Coordinator: Hélène Guenin, Director of MAMAC in Nice
Qualified personality: Jérôme Kohler, President of the Philanthropic Initiative in Paris
- Bérangère Armand, independent curator and founder of the cultural agency “we want art everywhere” in Cannes.
- Ondine Bréaud, professor of aesthetic philosophy/theory of art at the Pavillon Bosio in Monaco
- Ludovic Cardon, President of the Association of Friends of MAMAC in Nice
- Bénédicte Chevallier, General Delegate of the Mécènes du Sud business group in Marseille
- Véronique Collard Bovy, Managing Director of the association Sextant et plus / Group and producer of the ART-O-RAMA event in Marseille
- Ombline d’Avezac, founder of the Chevalier Roze artistic and cultural centre in Marseille
- Maria Finders, Strategy Director of the LUMA Foundation in Arles
- Martin Guesnet, Director of European Development at Artcurial in Paris
- Sam Khebizi, Director of Têtes de l’art, member of the Board of Directors of the CRESS (Chambre Régionale Economie Sociale et Solidaire) Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur in Marseille
- Dorothée Lamé-Laroche, Deputy Managing Director, Economy, Innovation, Employment and International at the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolis
- Marianne Roméo, Managing Director of L’ECLAT (Lieu d’Expérience pour le Cinéma, Lettres, Arts & Technologies) and Director of MOVIMENTA (Biennial Festival of the Moving Image) in Nice
- André Santelli, Deputy Director General for Culture and Heritage of the City of Nice
Program subject to change
Pour accéder aux biographies des personnalités qualifiées, intervenants et coordinateurs d’ateliers, cliquez ici
These professional meetings will be complemented by those organised by the Marseille Expos contemporary art network on 7 and 8 December 2017 at Kedge BS Luminy, the École Supérieure d’Art et de Design Marseille Méditerranée and the Cité du livre d’Aix-en-Provence.
Design and organisation: BOTOX(S) and Marseille Expos, with the support of the Ministry of Culture (DRAC Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur).
The BOTOX(S) and Marseille Expos networks are supported by: the DRAC Provence Alpes-Côte d’Azur, the Conseil Régional Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, the Conseil Départemental des Alpes-Maritimes, the Conseil Départemental des Bouches du Rhône, the City of Nice and the City of Marseille.
ACCESS VILLA ARSON :
20, avenue Stéphen Liégeard
06105 Nice Cedex 2
-Tramway: Line 1, direction Henri Sappia, stop Le Ray.
Then 10 mn walk, follow signs via Paul Mallarède and Joseph d’Arbaud streets.
-Bus n° 7 and 4, stop Deux avenues, then follow signs to av. Stéphen Liégeard – Villa Arson.
-A8 motorway: exit N° 54, Nice Nord, direction Centre Ville, then follow signs to Villa Arson.
From the Promenade des Anglais: follow Bd Gambetta, then Bd de Cessole, then follow signs for Villa Arson.
ACCESS MAMAC :
Place Yves Klein
06364 Nice cedex 4
Line 1, direction Henri Sappia or Hôpital Pasteur, Garibaldi stop.
Line 3 towards Square Normandie Niemen, stop at Promenade des Arts, towards La Madeleine, stop at Garibaldi.
Line 4 towards Hôpital Pasteur, Defly stop; towards Las Planas/Sappia, Defly/Klein stop
Line 7 towards Riquier, stop Delille, towards Saint Sylvestre, stop Defly/Klein
Lines 9 and 10 towards Le Port, Delille stop, towards Nice La Plaine or Saint-Laurent-du Var, Defly/Klein stop
Line 17 direction CPAM/Pessicart, stop Pont Barla; direction Monastère/Cimiez, stop Defly
-Bike: Station No. 25
-Parking : Parking Promenade des Arts
* Paris / Bordeaux, Jean Dupuy, 1972/2011
In 1972, thanks to the support of the Sonnabend Gallery (New York) and FNAC, Jean Dupuy rented a wagon on the Paris/Bordeaux train. At the time, this was the fastest train in France: the two cities were connected in 4 hours and 10 minutes. A team of technicians photographed the moving landscape and recorded the sounds produced. A first installation was shown at the Biennale de Paris the same year. Subsequently, all the photographs were destroyed in a fire. In 2011, for the purposes of the exhibition “Le temps de l’écoute” at the Villa Arson (Curators: Jean-Marc Avrilla and Éric Mangion), sound artists Jérôme Joy and Jean Dupuy remix the recording over a period of 13 minutes. This shorter version is intended to be broadcast in an enclosed space, in a total logic of immersion.
This work was broadcast at the Centre Pompidou, as part of the “In Vivo” festival (Curator: Mnam/Cci, Sophie Duplaix – C. Agostinelli), on 11 June 2015.
Since 2010, Jean Dupuy has been represented by the Loevenbruck Gallery, Paris.
Useful links :
No event matched your criteria